If anyone showed you a job advert before having kids, it would probably read a little like this…
- 150+ hour working week
- Compulsory night shifts
- Lunch breaks cannot be guaranteed
- Infrequent toilet breaks. Non-existent private toilet breaks.
- No sick leave… (Nope, not even if you are really really sick, get your butt to work)
Where do we sign up?!
But we all know that being a mom is also the most rewarding, exciting and incredible thing you’ll ever experience in life and we wouldn’t trade it for anything (even for a full night’s sleep and uninterrupted hot baths).
We all want to be the best mom we can be, but a lot of us forget to do one of the most important, integral parts of motherhood. Forget tips on how to potty train, how to fasten a baby sling with one hand, how to soothe a teething baby, it all begins with taking care of yourself.
On Sunday May 8th, we celebrate Mother’s Day, or as we like to call it here at MUTU, ‘Moms Rock’ Day. It’s your day to take care of you and to make time for yourself.
We need to believe that self-care is the most important part of our duties as a mom and must be a primary focus. Most moms are the heartbeat of a home, we multi-task beyond belief and still manage to get dinner on the table and kids in their beds at night. Although sometimes, we question how!
You are important. You are worthy of the time and energy it takes to look after yourself and to heal after having babies. After all, if you aren’t well in body and mind, how can you support your kids, husband, partner and family?
But it’s hard if you’ve never prioritised yourself before. Here’s a few simple steps that might help you to take care of yourself better and make time for you…
- Reconnect. Emotional connection between your brain and the rest of your body is where we begin. If there’s no connection, how can your body function properly? Weak core and pelvic floor? It’s time to re-establish conversation between your head and your core. You deserve and need a body that works.
- Heal through food. When we’re running around after everyone else, it’s hard to make time to eat at all let alone eat well. Your body is amazing, so treat it with care and only consume clean, nutritious and nourishing food that will help you to heal.
- Walk. Get your walking shoes on, everyday. It’s good for the soul, it’s good for your core and alignment and it’s good for your overall health and wellbeing. It’s also a great opportunity for you and the kids to get some fresh air into your lungs and get the blood pumping.
- Make time. Possibly the most important point. Dedicate time for ALL of the above. Life is busy, you definitely won’t find spare time, therefore you must make time.
In honour of Mother’s Day 2016 and to making more time for ourselves, we’re offering a special discount between May 6th – 9th to all you awesome moms! Just use HMD16 to receive 15% off any MUTU System program to start your journey of recovery, self-love and time for you.