We have talked a lot about postpartum back pain and what some of the reasons for this pain could be.
For some more immediate relief from your back pain add these mobility exercises into your routine to help relieve tension and improve back pain through exercise.
Shoulder Mobility: Wall slides
- Sit comfortably with your back against a wall
- Lift your arms, elbows bent to 90 degrees, out to both sides
- Exhale as you slowly start to glide your arms up on the wall
- Only extend your arms as far as you can without your rib cage lifting.
- As soon as you reach the end of your range of motion, inhale and slowly lower back down
- Repeat for 5 reps
Upper Back Mobility: Windmills
- Lie on the floor on your side with both arms extended straight out, stacked with palms together at shoulder height.
- Straighten your bottom leg and keep your top leg bent at a 90 degree angle (if needed place a block or pillow under bent knee)
- Exhale and slowly lift your top arm and rotate it away from you, opening up your chest to the ceiling and rotating until you can rest that lifted arm to the other side if possible (if not just rotate and extend as far as you can comfortably)
- Inhale and hold for 3 seconds
- Exhale as you slowly rotate to bring your arm back to the starting position
- Repeat on one side for 5 reps. Switch and to other side for another 5 reps
Hip Mobility: Knee Opener
- Stand comfortably with feet about shoulder width apart
- If needed hold a chair or place hand on wall for balance support
- Inhale as you slowly lift one knee up towards the chest
- Exhale as you open that knee out to the side and circle it around and lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat on one side for 5 reps. Switch and to other side for
You can read reviews from our customers HERE